Return to Learn at Schoolcraft College
Adults who seek to transition into new careers are invited to “Return to Learn” at Schoolcraft College.
“Return to Learn” is an effort to encourage adult learners to return to college and complete a first degree. In today’s information economy, a college degree can be the ticket to a bigger paycheck for our citizens and a stronger economy for our state.
What every adult learner needs to know:
- Federal financial aid is available for adult learners.
- You might be eligible for education and training funds from your company or union.
- You can apply previously earned college credit toward a new college degree.
- You can take advantage of partnerships that allow you to start your bachelor’s degree at Schoolcraft and finish at a four-year college or university.
- Some of the best job opportunities do not require a bachelor’s or associate degree. Many jobs require a certificate, which can be completed in one year of full-time study or two years of part-time study. Other jobs require a skills certificate, takes even less time to complete.
- You can get help planning your next career move at the Career and Transfer Center, which offers databases and other resources to help you explore your career options.
- The Transition Center provides the atmosphere and support for exploring educational, financial, professional and personal plans.
- If you’ve been out of school for a while, you can brush up your classroom skills with a refresher course before diving in to a college-level course. Back to the Basics courses are offered in the evening at the Livonia campus.
For more information, contact:The Transition Center
McDowell Center, room MC225
18600 Haggerty Road
Livonia, MI 48152
Telephone: (734) 462-4443
Fax: (734) 462-4552