Electronic Portfolio Program
Creating an EP Workbook
The first thing you can do to begin creation of your Electronic Portfolio is to start saving and organizing good examples of your work. Many of these are already on your computer, right? You may wish to talk to your instructors about capturing videos of projects or presentations—these can be incorporated into your portfolio.
Principles in Creating an Electronic Portfolio
- The EP is a project that you will complete toward the end of your academic career at this institution.
- You will find it extremely helpful to keep records of projects, papers, video clips, and computer-generated material that you will want to include in the EP when the time comes to prepare it.
- An EP Workbook provides demonstrations or evidence of the attitudes, knowledge, skills and abilities in a performance mode.
- The EP is designed to serve a number of purposes. Among these purposes is the opportunity to demonstrate that you have acquired skills during your college experience.
- The EP is evaluated at the program level. Therefore it is a good idea to gather material from different classes in which you will participate as you complete your program at this institution.
- The portfolio is an excellent way for any individuals to demonstrate that they can do what they say they can do.
- In part, the portfolio may be used to show that the participant is a generally educated graduate by the completion of the program or curriculum of choice.
Elements in Your Electronic Portfolio
In order to remain consistent in a college-wide environment, it is necessary that your Electronic Portfolio, regardless of the program in which you participate, demonstrates at least 8 characteristic elements and 7 important steps.
The steps to creating your Electronic Portfolio are covered in Collegiate Skills 111.
The booklet, titled Student Electronic Portfolio: A Design Workbook, is available in the Schoolcraft College Bookstore.
In class, we discuss, prepare, organize and develop these steps to create a working Electronic Portfolio for you to use. To give you a basic idea of the content, however, view the 8 Elements and 7 Steps in creating your Electronic Portfolio
|8 Elements in Your Electronic Portfolio||7 Steps in Creating Your Electronic Portfolio|