|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|OIS 185||Business Presentation 1 - Fundamental Concepts||(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.|
This course will introduce students to the fundamental concepts of business presentations using Microsoft’s PowerPoint software. PowerPoint presentations are one of the most widely used communication tools is today’s workplace. Students will create basic business presentations, charts, graphs and flyers. Students will learn to link and embed objects and files as well as work with drawing tools, icons, various fonts and color to create a powerful presentation.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- OIS 165 or equivalent.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Develop effective PowerPoint presentations using a Design Theme.
- Manipulate the basic drawing tools and icons.
- Apply various shapes and WordArt to the presentation.
- Apply a Photo Album with captions in a presentation.
- Examine color and various fonts in creating a PowerPoint presentation.
- Create various text charts, flyers, graphs and charts in a PowerPoint presentation.
- Construct PowerPoint presentations using Word and Excel.
- Apply visual appeal and animation to a PowerPoint presentation.
- Develop a PowerPoint presentation of one's own choosing using the specified guidelines.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the OIS section of the current course schedule for availability.