|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|MUSIC 299||Special Music Projects for Honors Studies - Performance/Composition/Research||(2-0) 2 Cr. Hrs.|
This course provides an opportunity for the talented student to explore individually, in depth, under the direction of a faculty member, a performance, composition or research related project. This course provides an opportunity to present traditional musical events such as a recital or a concert or to learn a new technology.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- A minimum of 45 credit hours completed toward a Music AFA degree or consent of department.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Formulate a project that meets the department's needs and expands the student's own musical skills or knowledge.
- Work collaboratively with an instructor and, if necessary, other students on an extended project.
- Use appropriate resources associated with the project.
- Plan a complex, long-term project.
- Manage a complex, long-term project.
- Synthesize student experiences with the project in written, oral and/or musical form.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the MUSIC section of the current course schedule for availability.