|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|MUSIC 142||Jazz Band 1||(2-1) 2 Cr. Hrs.|
The Schoolcraft Jazz Band is open to all aspiring jazz performers regardless of major field. The ensemble studies literature from the big band era up through modern jazz arrangements and performs several concerts during the semester. Additional Jazz Band credits may be earned in future semesters by enrolling in the following course sequence (one course per semester): MUSIC 242, 248, and 249.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Consent of instructor.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the importance of the individual's role in a large performing ensemble.
- Explain the significance of an individual's role in a performing ensemble.
- Demonstrate the importance of individual preparation for scheduled public performances.
- Participate in group preparation for scheduled public performances.
- Develop technical skills to contribute to the overall quality of the ensemble's performance level.
- Develop musicianship to contribute to the overall quality of the ensemble's performance level.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the MUSIC section of the current course schedule for availability.