|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|MUSIC 137||Sight Singing and Ear Training 1||(2-0) 2 Cr. Hrs.|
This course will focus on sight singing melodies outlining the intervals of I and V chords of first and second inversion and non-harmonic tones. The course will include simple rhythmic, melodic and harmonic dictations.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- A basic knowledge of scales, key signatures, intervals, and triads.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Transcribe in music notation aurally presented rhythm patterns.
- Identify aurally presented common intervals.
- Identify aurally presented common triads.
- Transcribe aurally presented simple melodies.
- Perform simple rhythms at sight.
- Perform simple melodies at sight.
- Perform melodies using the movable-Do system.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the MUSIC section of the current course schedule for availability.