|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|ENG 243||Introduction to Literature - Short Fiction||(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.|
Using elements of fiction, this course develops standards for critical evaluation to increase understanding and appreciation of short stories. Students read and analyze short fiction and its forms from early to modern times.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Analyze a wide variety of short fiction.
- Explain a wide variety of short fiction.
- Identify elements of short fiction for critical evaluation.
- Evaluate elements of short fiction.
- Interpret plausible meanings of short fiction.
- Employ appropriate literary terms in the analysis of short fiction.
- Research connections between authors of short fiction and their lives.
- Evaluate connections between authors of short fiction and their lives.
- Research connections between short fiction and its historical/cultural contexts.
- Evaluate connections between short fiction and its historical/cultural contexts.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the ENG section of the current course schedule for availability.