|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|ELECT 145||Fluid Power||(2-2) 4 Cr. Hrs.|
This course emphasizes the understanding of the fundamentals of hydraulics and pneumatics. In this course, students will design, analyze, operate and maintain fluid power systems. Emphasis is placed on understanding the physics of fluids and how energy, power and force affect the devices that make up a hydraulic and pneumatic system.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- MATH 053 or equivalent.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Use basic formulas as they apply to hydraulic pumps and motors, pneumatic compressors, and electric motors.
- Interface Hydraulic/Pneumatic components in developing a fluid power system.
- Use a schematic for troubleshooting Hydraulic/Pneumatic systems.
- Create animation of Hydraulic/Pneumatic circuitry.
- Use equations in designing a Hydraulic/Pneumatic system.
- Analyze power systems.
- Design power systems.
- Operate power systems.
- Maintain power systems.
- Investigate the physics of power, energy, and force.
- Differentiate between proportional, servo, and cartridge valves.
- Design electrical circuits to control Hydraulic/Pneumatic systems.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the ELECT section of the current course schedule for availability.