|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|CIS 120||Software Applications||(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.|
This course is designed to provide hands-on experience with a current office software package for the computer. Emphasis is in the area of word processing, spreadsheets, database management and a presentation software program.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Computer and keyboarding experience highly recommended.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Create a variety of business documents in Word.
- Manipulate a number of commands and procedures that affect how the document appears when printed.
- Format documents using features to rearrange text in a document, add special elements and change the appearance of text.
- Create various workbooks in Excel.
- Apply formatting attributes and color to enhance the appearance of the worksheet.
- Manipulate Excel's functions to create formulas.
- Construct tables in Access.
- Create queries, forms, and reports in Access.
- Develop various PowerPoint presentations.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the CIS section of the current course schedule for availability.