|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|CCD 218||Practicum 2 - Special Education Focus||(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.|
Continued supervised experience working directly with children and adults with special needs in educational and group settings. Students will have increased responsibility providing and implementing activities for children and adults with special needs. Emphasis will be placed on working as a contributing member of a teaching team. Students will spend 150 hours over the course of the semester in their approved practicum placement.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Cope with the circumstances of working with children and adults with special needs.
- Portray professional work ethics.
- Demonstrate positive attitudes and behaviors conducive to the ongoing development of children or adults with special needs.
- Explain the Individual Education Plan Process.
- Illustrate appropriate materials and activities for their special needs setting.
- Create a positive learning environment for children.
- Write appropriate activities for children with special needs.
- Handle sensitive knowledge of children and their families.
- Select appropriate teaching aids.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the CCD section of the current course schedule for availability.