|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|CAP 247||Banquets and Catering||(2-2) 3 Cr. Hrs.|
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will demonstrate knowledge of a variety of catering operations including planning, organizing, marketing and executing receptions, parties and special events. Students must participate in two events. This is an elective course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Identify types of catering functions.
- Prioritize regulations and licensing contracts of operations.
- Identify catering equipment needed for on and off premise events.
- Adapt menu development and menu pricing strategies as they relate to selling a potential customer.
- Demonstrate planning, organizing and executing catered events.
- Classify marketing concepts for success.
- Prioritize marketing concepts for success.
- Adapt menu and service concepts as they pertain to event catering.
- Calculate bottom line profits of catered events.
- Explain behavior that fosters good customer relations and image.
- Categorize forms and documents that are needed for success in catering operations.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the CAP section of the current course schedule for availability.