|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|CAP 243||Storeroom Operations||(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.|
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will have a basic knowledge of purchasing, receiving and inventory control through the use of the computer and the application of computer software which will enhance his/her ability to run a more effective and profitable kitchen operation.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- CAP 103 and all core CAP 100 level courses.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Write purchasing specifications for all types of products.
- Prepare a beginning inventory.
- Calculate order points and purchasing quantities.
- Determine par levels for all products.
- Identify basic grading and quality standards for all product areas.
- Judge basic grading and quality standards for all product areas.
- Identify quantity purchases at discount rates to determine when and how to buy.
- Calculate quantity purchases at discount rates to determine when and how to buy.
- Determine the purchasing cycle of receiving, inventory rotation, handling and storage.
- Identify the role of purchasing in reaching projected costs for the food service establishment.
- Use purchasing applications in the Culinary Arts Purchasing Department.
- Use computer software programs specifically designed to be used on food service purchasing.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the CAP section of the current course schedule for availability.