|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|ART 239||Painting 2||(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.|
This course is a continuation of Painting 1, providing for further investigation of the painting media and processes. Students will work toward developing a focused approach both thematically and technically. Individual experimentation will be emphasized.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Investigate works of art which encourage positive behavior.
- Explain the ways in which the visual arts (painting in particular) can function within society.
- Demonstrate the relationship and importance of painting to other art forms.
- Create a painting using a triadic color theme.
- Create a painting using a complementary color theme.
- Create a painting using an analogous color theme.
- Apply color theory to evoke an emotional response.
- Create a diptych or a triptych.
- Create a series of stylistically consistent paintings with a theme.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the ART section of the current course schedule for availability.