|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|ART 105||Basic Drawing||(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.|
This studio course provides training in recording observed spatial and value relationships. Basic approaches to drawing and media are introduced.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Research works of art which encourage positive behavior.
- Explain the ways in which the visual arts, (drawing in particular) can function within society.
- Demonstrate the relationship and importance of drawing to other art forms.
- Construct drawings that show proportion and spatial relationships.
- Construct drawings that show basic form and dimension.
- Construct drawings that create the illusion of depth by recording the effect of light on surfaces.
- Construct drawings that utilize spatial differentiation
- Construct drawings that show linear and atmospheric perspective.
- Explore compatibility of different drawing media with different surfaces.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the ART section of the current course schedule for availability.