|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|ARB 201||Intermediate Arabic 1||(4-0) 4 Cr. Hrs.|
This course is a continuation of ARB 102 and continues to cover grammar patterns and build competence in all four skill areas: speaking, listening, reading and writing. Through varied activities, emphasis will be placed on oral proficiency and communication. An appreciation of the cultures of the Middle East will be an integral part of the course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- ARB 102 with a grade of 2.0 or better or
- two years of high school Arabic or
- consent of instructor.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Determine the meaning of intermediate Arabic texts.
- Write grammatically correct sentences in intermediate Arabic.
- Discriminate distinctive intermediate Arabic sounds.
- Interpret the meaning of spoken intermediate Arabic.
- Pronounce intermediate Arabic words, phrases and sentences correctly.
- Speak Arabic clearly and accurately with intermediate fluency.
- Integrate intermediate Arabic vocabulary into simple sentences, paragraphs and dialog.
- Apply correctly intermediate rules of Arabic grammar, syntax, tense and gender.
- Communicate effectively in intermediate Arabic through reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Compare intermediate aspects of Arabic and English grammar and syntax.
- Explore culture in this intermediate Arabic course.
- Acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for further exploration of the Arabic language and culture.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the ARB section of the current course schedule for availability.