Continuing Education and Professional Development
Online Class Information
Continuing Education and Professional Development offers a great alternative to traditional classes held here on campus. You can update your skills, discover a new talent or chart a career path at your own pace and convenience—we bring the classroom right to you, wherever you may be.
How do online classes work?
Each class consists of 12 lessons that are made available to you over a specific 6 week period. The first lesson is released after 4 AM on the first Wednesday of class; subsequent lessons are released on Fridays and Wednesdays. You do not need to be present when the lesson is released, but you must complete each lesson within 2 weeks of its release. The lessons are supplemented by interactive quizzes, assignments, tutorials, and online discussion areas available via the Web.
What classes are available?
Our online classes are notated with the words “Online” and a mouse icon next to the class title.
What do I need to take an online class?
All you need is Internet access; Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox Web browser; familiarity with the Internet; email; and a computer. Additional software requirements, if any, will be noted in the class description. Some classes are not compatible with Macintosh computers.
How do I register?
- Step-by-step diagrammed instructions for general classes
- Step-by-step diagrammed instructions for teacher recertification classes
Getting started with our online classes takes just three easy steps:
- Register and pay for your class with Schoolcraft College at least 24 hours prior to the class start date. You can do this online via WebAdvisor, walk-in or mail-in.
- Once you have registered and paid for your class with Schoolcraft College, you must also enroll with one of the following Web sites to gain access to your online classroom:
- Enroll in online general classes
- Enroll in online teacher recertification SCECH classes
- Choose the class title and select the “Enroll Now” button. Follow the instructions.
- When your class starts, return to the appropriate Web site click on the “Classroom” link. Log in with the email address and password you created when initially enrolling online with Ed2Go.