CEPD Frequently Asked Questions

How do I register?

All programs have online registration (via WebAdvisor), which is the fastest and most convenient method of registration. WebAdvisor is open to all students, new or returning. Walk-in or mail-in registration is also available. Please note: Processing of mail-in registrations begins at 8am on the first day of registration; registrations are manually entered in the order they were received. Early receipt of mail-in registrations does not guarantee placement in the desired class(es). If you are registering for a class that fills quickly, mail-in registration is not recommended.

Do you have a drop box for after-hours registration?

Yes. It is located right outside of the McDowell Center’s main entrance off Haggerty Road.

Can I register and pay for a friend or family member?

Yes. However, you will need to fill out a separate registration form for your friend or family member, which requires you to include all of their personal information (e.g. date of birth, address, phone number, etc.).

Do you offer gift cards?

Yes. Schoolcraft College gift cards make great birthday or holiday gifts, and can be used in many locations on campus. They can be purchased in the Bookstore, at Henry’s Food Court or through the Cashier’s Office.

Is there Financial Aid for Continuing Education classes?

No, Schoolcraft College does not offer Financial Aid for Continuing Education (non-credit) classes. However, you may qualify for a scholarship in one of our Career Training or Kids on Campus programs. Please review the scholarship applications in those program areas for more information.

Do you have a senior discount?

Yes. In order to receive senior adult status, persons sixty (60) years of age or older must verify their age (using a birth certificate, driver’s license, or other legal documents) with the Registration Center (main campus) at the time of registration or prior to the start of the class in order to receive the senior rate. No rate adjustments will be made after a class has started.

Can I register for a class after it has started?

In order to maintain instruction of the highest quality, and to be fair to all students who registered prior to the first class session, we are not able to allow registration into any class (with the exception of select physical fitness classes) past the second class session. Also, for any late registration, we are not able to pro-rate the class cost and our regular refund policy will still be in effect.

Can I put my name on a waitlist for a class that is full?

Unfortunately, due to the large number of classes that we handle in any given semester, we are unable to keep a waitlist. We suggest that you continually check our website for class additions and/or changes in enrollment.

Can I sit in on one class session to see if I like it and then register?

No. You must register for any class you wish to attend.

What is your refund policy?

You can drop a class for a full refund up to the day before the first class meets through WebAdvisor online or by written request.

The refund policy is:

  • Through the day before the first class meets: 100 percent class fees.
  • Thereafter—no refund.
  • No refund or transfers for motorcycle classes.

Do I really need to take the prerequisite if I think my skills are sufficient? (non-Culinary)

If a class lists a prerequisite, we strongly recommend that you take it. However, if you have taken similar classes at another location, or have previous experience that covers the content of the prerequisite, you may choose not to take the prerequisite. Overall, we just ask that you assess your skill level and select a class that you feel will be most appropriate for you. If you would like an instructor to help you determine your skill level, please call (734) 462-4448 or email

What is the age requirement for Continuing Education classes?

Our classes are intended for students 18 years of age and older, unless stated otherwise in the class title or class description. It would be at the instructor’s discretion to allow a student who is younger than 18 to enroll in their class. To inquire about approval, call (734) 462-4448 or email

Can I register my child for a class that is listed above/below their age/grade level?

Register your child according to the age and/or grade level outlined for the class.  If your child is not enrolled in the appropriate age and/or grade level, we reserve the right to reassign your child to a more suitable class (if space is available) or deregister your child with a full refund.

Can I transfer from one section of a class to another once either section has started?

Transfers are subject to approval from the Program Coordinator. Please contact the CEPD Department at (734) 462-4448 or, if you would like to request a transfer. You will be notified once a decision has been made. There is no guarantee that your transfer will be approved.

What is the Waiver of Liability for Physical Fitness Classes?

All participants of CEPD Physical Fitness classes must agree to the terms of the Schoolcraft College Waiver of Liability – Fitness Classes at the time of registration. If registering online, check box to signify agreement immediately after payment is made. If registering by mail or walk-in, review waiver before registering. Your registration signifies agreement to the waiver terms.

Do I need to purchase a book for my class?

If you see the textbook symbol at the end of the class description, you will need a textbook. If a class has an optional textbook, it will be stated within the class description. If a class fee includes the cost of the textbook, it will also be stated within the class description and are typically handed out on the first day of class. If you see a USB symbol, it means that you need a flash/thumb drive. Textbooks and flash/thumb drives are available for purchase in the Bookstore. For more information, call (734) 462-4409 or visit the Bookstore’s website. You must present a copy of your current schedule to purchase books.

As a CEPD student, do I get a discount on software at your bookstore or anywhere else?

Please contact our Bookstore at (734) 462-4409 or send an email to

What happens when a class is cancelled or changed?

The College reserves the right to cancel any class if the enrollment is low or for other valid reasons. The College may change the day, time of day or location of a class. In the event of a class cancellation or change prior to the start of the semester, students will be contacted and may select another class or request a full refund. Refunds will be returned in the method of which they were originally made. Cash payments will be returned by check.

How do I know if the College is closed due to inclement weather?

A notice will be placed on our website and be sent to the local news media. It will be broadcast in the same manner as K-12 school closings.

Do you schedule a make-up if/when a class is cancelled due to weather, college closing, etc.?

Yes. Every effort will be made to schedule a make-up when a class has been cancelled due to inclement weather, instructor illness or any other college emergency. Your instructor will be notified if/when a make-up class is scheduled, and he/she will then notify the students at their next class. If the make-up class is imminent, the CEPD Office staff will notify the students by phone and/or email.

Can I attend another class as a make-up if I miss my regular class?

No. You may only attend a class to which you are registered for.

What are CEUs?

CEUs are Continuing Education Units. They are different from traditional college credits in that they do not count toward a degree or certificate. Some organizations require that their professionals obtain a certain number of CEUs within a specific timeframe.

How are CEPD classes graded and/or CEUs awarded?

CEPD classes are graded on a pass/fail basis. Students who pass a class will receive a ‘Y’ grade while students who do not pass will receive an ‘N’ grade. To receive a passing grade (and be awarded CEUs), students will need to attend 100% of a class that meets eight hours or less, or attend 90% of a class that meets nine hours or more. NOTE: If the State of Michigan requires 100% attendance to award CEUs for a particular class (e.g. Teacher Recertification, Nursing, etc.), that requirement overrides CEPD requirements.

How can I earn a grade based on the point system (4.0, 3.0, etc.) as opposed to a Y/N grade?

You will need to inform your instructor on the first day of class that you wish to receive a grade based on the point system rather than a Y/N. If you do not inform the instructor on the first day of class, you may not be able to receive a grade in this format.

Will I receive a certificate and/or transcript at the end of my class?

Unless it is a specially designated class (e.g. Nursing), you will not receive a certificate stating that you have completed a class. For proof of class completion, please visit WebAdvisor to view or print your unofficial transcript. To request an official copy of your transcript to send to potential employers or other educational institutions, please click on the blue official copy link toward the top of the page. You will be redirected to the Transcript page of Schoolcraft College’s website. Please click on the Schoolcraft College Transcript Request Form. This is a PDF form that you may print off, fill out, and submit to our Records Department for processing. If you have questions regarding official or unofficial transcripts, please contact our Records Office at (734) 462-4677.

Can I get in touch with one of the instructors?

We are only able to provide you with an instructor’s contact information if they have authorized us to do so. If not, we will take your contact information and pass it along to them.

How do I make changes to my personal contact information?

It is the student’s responsibility to notify the college of any changes to name, address, phone or email as this information is used to send class confirmation or to contact you regarding changes in class status. Entering new contact information on your registration form does not automatically update your student record, unless you are registering in person. If not registering in person, name, address and phone changes must be submitted on a Personal Data Change Form. Email address changes can be made via WebAdvisor. Name changes require a copy of your driver’s license or social security card.

Do you have a Lost and Found?

Yes. Items that are left behind are turned in to Campus Security Police. They can be reached at (734) 462-4424.


Register Now for CEPD

Non-Credit Courses

Are you a CEPD student? Register for non-credit courses.

Don't want to wait?
Register online now!

Frequently Asked Questions


P: 734-462-4448
CEPD Facebook

to Top