Test Taking Tips
Before a test:
- Know what will be specifically covered on the test.
- Know how the questions are going to be asked (multiple choice, true/false, essay, matching).
- Make sure your notes are complete. Compare with classmates.
- Review in advance.
- Know the point value of each question. This will help decide how much time is required to answer each question.
- Understand the consequences — How is this test going to effect my overall grade?
- Create Pretests. Use quizzes, old tests, etc.
- Prepare necessary equipment (pencils, paper, calculator, etc.)
During the test:
- Be on time and prepared — arrive early to get organized both physically and mentally
- Read directions carefully — ask if unclear.
- Work on the questions you can answer quickly first.
- Keep track of time and budget accordingly.
- If allowed to write on the exam in the margins, jot down formulas, equations, facts, or other material you know and might forget.
- Regard memory lapse as perfectly normal. If you have a block, leave it and return to it later.
- Write legibly.
- Relax and have confidence in yourself!
- Make sure to check over the entire test for any careless errors.
- Don't try to be the first one to leave — everyone has their own pace.
After the test:
- Relax, it's over!
- Don't dwell — you can not react to your performance until you receive your grade.
- Keep all study materials for the final.
- Reward yourself whether you did well or not. You still worked hard.
Testing Center, Livonia Campus
McDowell Center, room MC220
- Telephone: (734) 462-4806
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday - Thursday, 8am - 7:30pm
- Friday, 8am - 4:30pm
- Saturday, 10am - 2pm
- 2013 Saturday Closures
- March 2, 2013
- May 4, 2013
- May 25, 2013
- July 6, 2013
- August 31, 2013
- November 30, 2013
- December 21 and 28, 2013
- Mid-Winter Break Hours
- March 4th-8th:
- March 4th-8th:
Tests cannot be started within a half hour of closing.
All tests are collected at closing time.