Student Guide to Placement Testing
Students entering Schoolcraft College may submit ACT scores or college transfer credit demonstrating their ability in reading, writing and math, or they may take a placement test in the Testing Center. No appointment is necessary. Anyone who took a placement test at another college can provide the Counseling Office with a copy of their test scores. These test scores should be within the last 3 years and must be approved by Counseling.
- To insure proper course placement, testing is mandatory for all new students who have not taken the ACT or SAT.
- Placement testing is offered on a walk-in basis.
- Allow approximately 2½ hours for testing.
- Placement tests measure skill accomplishment in English, math, and reading.
- Scores indicate skill levels only; there is no passing or failing.
- There is no charge for initial testing; however, retakes are $5 per subtest (beginning Sept. 13, 2008).
- Placement testing is a service provided by Schoolcraft College to determine placement into Schoolcraft classes only. Your placement scores will not be provided to other institutions. If you need to enroll at another school, please contact them to make arrangements to take their placement test.
Accuplacer/CPT is a computerized assessment test that will provide information about your level of skill accomplishment in reading, writing and one of three levels of mathematics.
Assessing your ability in these areas will help you and your advisor or counselor determine college courses most appropriate for you.
You will take the test on a computer. A Test Administrator will be available if you have any questions during the test.
The test instructions are easy to understand. You will use the keyboard or the mouse to enter your answers and supply other information.
Most questions are multiple choice. Tests are untimed so you can give each question as much thought as you wish.
Testing Center, Livonia Campus
McDowell Center, room MC220
- Telephone: (734) 462-4806
- Email: email@example.com
- Monday - Thursday, 8am - 7:30pm
- Friday, 8am - 4:30pm
- Saturday, 10am - 2pm
- 2013 Saturday Closures
- March 2, 2013
- May 4, 2013
- May 25, 2013
- July 6, 2013
- August 31, 2013
- November 30, 2013
- December 21 and 28, 2013
- Mid-Winter Break Hours
- March 4th-8th:
- March 4th-8th:
Tests cannot be started within a half hour of closing.
All tests are collected at closing time.